Du Page County is named for the Du Page River which is named after a Frenchman, Du Page, who had a station on the banks of the river.
Created: February 9, 1839
Naperville 1839 – 1867
Wheaton 1867 – present
County Courthouse – Wheaton
Location: 505 North Country Farm Road / Manchester Road
Built: 1989 – 1990
Architect: Wight and Company Inc. and Hellmuth, Obata & Kassabaum, Inc.
Contractor: J A Jones Construction
Description: The building faces east and is a four story buff colored brick, glass and concrete structure. There is a wing running west with a retention pond along the south side. The central entrance is rounded with brown brickwork above the first story canopy. The fourth story has horizontal windows.
County Administration – Wheaton
Location: 421 North Country Farm Road / Manchester Road
Built: 1971 – 1973
Architect: Graham Anderson Probst White
Contractor: Wll-freds Inc.
Description: The building faces east and is a three story dark red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on the west side of the Government Complex and faces east.
Old County Courthouse – Wheaton
Location: 201 Raber Street / East Liberty Drive
Built: 1896 – 1897
Architect: M E Bell
Contractor: C A Moses
Description: The building faces west and is a three story dark red colored brick structure. The building has a large arch at the central entrance with recessed doorway. Above the entrance are two narrow towers with turrets. On the center of the roof is a high square brick clock tower with peaked roof. The building was converted into apartments.
N – Cook County
E – Cook County
W – Kane County
Photos taken 2008