Clinton County is named for DeWitt Clinton, who was a Governor of New York and who was responsible for the construction of the Erie Canal.
Created: December 27, 1824
Carlyle 1824 – present
County Courthouse – Carlyle
Location: 810 Franklin Street / 9th Street
Built: 1997 – 1999
Architect: Kuhlmann Design Group and Phillips Swager and Associates
Contractor: Plocher Construction, Inc
Description: The building faces north and is a three story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The north front has a projecting center section with glass panels at the entrance on the second story and on the third story. The east and west wings project from the main building and there are horizontal bands between the second and third stories and along the flat roof line.
E – Marion County
Photos taken 2007 and 2012