Bond County

US States / H-L / Illinois / Bond County
Bond

Bond County is named for Shadrach Bond, who was the first Governor of the State of Illinois.

Created:  January 4, 1817

County Seat:

Hills Station   1817

Perryville       1817 – 1821

Greenville      1821 – present

 

County Courthouse – Greenville

 

Location:  200 West College Avenue / South 2nd Street

Built:  1884 – 1885

Style:  Federal

Architect:  W R Parsons

Contractor:  M T Lewman of Greencastle, Indiana

 

Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick structure. The north and south entrances extend from the main building with the doorway recessed with two narrow wooden columns supporting the header on the first story, and three arched windows on the second story. The windows in the building are arched. The center section of the building extends east and west with a lower roofline. The base is rough white stone. The tower was removed in 1948.

 

Courthouses: 

N – Montgomery County

E – Fayette County

S – Clinton County

W – Madison County

 

 

 

0380k07

 

 

0382k07

 

 

0383k07

Photos taken 2007