Jefferson County is named for Thomas Jefferson, who was President of the United States from 1801 to 1809.
Created: February 18, 1913
Rigby 1913 – present
County Courthouse – Rigby
Location: 250 Courthouse Way / Community Way
Built: 2006 – 2007
Architect: Ormond Builders, Inc. of Idaho Falls
Contractor: Ormond Builders, Inc. of Idaho Falls
Description: The building faces east and is a one story red and buff colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The building faces east and was completed in 2007. The east front has a high glass entrance section with rounded roof and with an extended exterior porch with rounded roof. The lower part of the building is buff colored brick and the upper part is red colored brick. The roof line is flat.
Note: A new addition is under construction in 2017 at a cost of $4,000,000. The architect was NBW Architect of Idaho Falls and the contractor was D L Beck Inc. of Rexburg.
Former County Courthouse – Rigby
Location: 134 North Clark Street / East Fremont Avenue
Built: 1939 – 1940
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Sundberg & Sundberg
Contractor: Johnson J Mickelson
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The central entrance on the west side is recessed and trimmed with concrete facing. There is a lower east and west wing. The roof line is flat. The building was demolished in 2016.
N – Clark County
Photos taken 2011