Fremont County is named for John C Fremont, who was an explorer of the America West.
Created: March 4, 1893
St. Anthony 1893 – present
County Courthouse – St. Anthony
Location: 151 West 1st Street North / North 1st Street West
Built: 1909 – 1910
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: Wayland & Fennell of Boise
Contractor: Perham & Harris of St. Anthony
Description: The building faces south and is a two story rectangular red colored brick structure. The south front has a projecting center section with recessed entrance flanked by two columns on either side rising to a wide header at the roof line. Rhe windows have terra cotta sills, with the second story windows bracketed. On the center of the roof is a wide white colored dome. There are eat and west wings..
See: National Register of Historic Places – Fremont County Courthouse
Photos taken 2011