Butte County is named for the buttes rising from the Snake River Plain.
Created: February 6, 1917
Arco 1917 – present
County Courthouse Annex – Arco
Location: 326 West Grand Avenue / North Water Street
Built: 1946 – 1947
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The center section extends from the main building and has the main entrance. The roof line is flat. The building was the Veterans Memorial Building until converted to the courthouse annex. The courtroom is located on the northwest side of the first story.
County Courthouse – Arco
Location: 256 West Grand Avenue / North Idaho Street
Built: 1919 – 1920
Architect: Utah Construction Canal Limited
Contractor: Utah Construction Canal Limited
Description: The building faces southeast and is a one story red colored brick and wood structure. The southeast front has a central entrance. The roof is hipped. The building was constructed and then moved to the present location in 1934. The court now sits in the Courthouse Annex located to the southwest.
Note: The County purchased the building from the Utah Construction Canal Limited on May 1, 1934 at a cost of $1166. In 1941 a contract was awarded to Martin Hanni to paint the building at a cost of $265.
E – Bingham County
W – Custer County
Photos taken 2011 and 2015