Wynyard is named for Wynyard, which was the family name of the wife of a Canadian Pacific Railrway official.
Location: Wynyard is located in the central eastern part of the Province.
Judicial District: Wynyard Judicial District
Courthouse – Wynard
Location: 410 Avenue C / 4th Street
Built: 1926 – 1927
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: Maurice William Sharon of Regina
Contractor: Smith Brothers ( Duncan D Smith and Donald D Smith ) and John Wilson
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story red coloured brick structure. The rectangular building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The southeast front has a central entrance with white coloured wood framing. He roof is hipped with a small white colured cupola at the centre. A small parapet rises from the roof over the entrance. The courtroom is located at the front of the second story.
Note: The building is one of a series of courthouses designed by the office of the provincial architect. Several towns and cities were designated as judicial centres where court houses would be built.
Photos taken 2013