Wolseley was named for Garnet Joseph Wolseley, who was a British General who lead the Wolseley expedition during the Red River Rebellion of 1870.
Location: Wolseley is located in the southeast part of the Province.
Judicial District: Yorkton Judicial District
Courthouse – Wolseley
Location: Richmond Street / Water Street
Built: 1894 – 1895
Architect: Thomas Fuller
Contractor: R A Magee and E A Banbury
Description: The building faces west and is a one story buff coloured brick and field stone structure. The west front has a projecting porch with peaked roof. The foundation is fieldstone. The hipped roof is metal with an octagonal cupola in the centre. The building now stands abandoned.
Note: The courthouse is the oldest standing courthouse in Saskatchewan. The building ceased to operate as a courthouse in 1909.
Photos taken 2009