Shaunavon is named for Lord Shaughnessy and William Cornelius Van Horne, two of the four founders of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
Location: Shaunovan is located in the southwest part of the Province.
Judicial District: Swift Current Judicial District
Courthouse – Shaunovan
Location: 401 3rd Street West / 4th Avenue
Built: 1926 – 1927
Style: Georgian Revival / Colonial Revival
Architect: Maurice William Sharon of Regina
Contractor: Smith Brothers ( Duncan D Smith and Donald D Smith ) and John Wilson
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story buff coloured brick structure and is similar to the courthouse in Gravelbourg.
Note: The building is one of a series of courthouses designed by the office of the provincial architect. Several towns and cities were designated as judicial centres where court houses would be built. The cost of construction of the courthouse was $42,500.
Photos taken 2015