Location: 2475 Victoria Avenue / Smith Street
Built: 1959 – 1961
Architect: Portnall & Grelle
Contractor: Poole Construction Company Ltd.
Description: The building faces north and is a two story concrete, stone and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Regina and is a long rectangular structure running along Victoria Avenue. Towards the east end is a one story portico supported by square pillars and with a recessed entrance. Vertical pilasters run along all sides of the building between the vertical windows. The roof line is flat with a raised centre section. The building houses the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal. The Court of Appeal courtroom is located on the second floor on the south side near the east end of the building. The building was renovated in 2013. The architect was Architectural Conservation Alliance and the contractor was Poole Construction Company Ltd.
Note: The Court of Queen’s Bench is located in the courthouse in Regina.
Photos taken 2015 and 2019