Prince Albert is named for Prince Albert, who was the consort of Queen Victoria.
Location: Prince is located in the central north part of the Province along the North Saskatchewan River.
Judicial District: Prince Albert Judicial District
Courthouse – Prince Albert
Location: 1800 Central Avenue / 18th Street
Built: 1927 – 1928
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: Maurice William Sharon of Regina
Contractor: Smith Brothers ( Duncan D Smith and Donald D Smith ) and John Wilson
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff brick, concrete and stone structure. The building sits at the top of a hill overlooking the downtown and has spacious landscaped grounds. The north front has a central entrance on the first story which has a small portico with large arched window on the second story. The east and west corner section project slightly. The east side has a projecting wing. The hipped roof has three dormers. On the centre of the roof is a small white coloured cupola with clock. A horizontal belt runs below the first story.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1886 to 1887. The second courthouse was constructed as the Public Building in 1905 to 1906 at Church Street and 3 rd Street. In 1914, the court moved to the Harper Building. The cost of construction of the present courthouse was $138,212.
Photos taken 2013