North Battleford is named for Fort Battleford which is located south of the city and which played an important role in the 1885 North-West Rebellion.
Location: North Battleford is located in the west central part of the Province.
Judicial District: Battleford Judicial District
Courthouse – North Battleford
Location: 3 Railway Avenue East / 10 Avenue
Style: Classical Revival
Description: The building faces east and is a one story red coloured brick and limestone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds and houses the Provincial Court. The east front has an arched central entrance with stone trim and with a peaked roof above. The roof is hipped.