Moose Jaw is named for Moose Jaw Bone Creek as shown on a map by surveyor John Palliser in 1857 and comes from the Plains Cree name “moscastani-sipiy” meaning “a warm place by the river” and the word “moose gaw” meaning “warm breezes”.
Location: Moose Jaw is located in the south central part of the Province.
Judicial District: Moose Jaw Judicial District
Provincial Court Courthouse – Moose Jaw
Location: 110 Ominica Street / 1st Avenue NW
Built: 1978 – 1980
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff coloured concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Moose Jaw to the west of the courthouse. The south front has a central entrance with projecting over hang and recessed entrance. There are white colourewd concrete pilasters and the windows are framed with white colured concrete. The roof line is flat. The building is named as the W G Davies Building. The two courtrooms are located on the west side of the second story.
See: In Moose Jaw is the Court of Queen’s Bench Courthouse located to the east.
Provincial Court Courthouse
Photos taken 2013 and 2019