Melfort

Canada Courthouses / Saskatchewan / Melfort
583Cal13

Melfort is named for the three one-room school houses that used the name “Melfort”.

 

Location:  Melfort is located in the central eastern part of the Province.

Judicial District:  Melfort Judicial District

 

Courthouse – Melfort

 

Location:  409 Main Street / Crawford Avenue

Built:  1928

Style:  Edwardian Classical

Architect:  Maurice William Sharon of Regina

Contractor:  Wilson and Wilson, Limited of Regina

 

Description:  The building faces southeast and is a two story buff coloured brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Melfort and is rectangular shape. The southeast front has a central entrance with small portico supported by two white coloured columns and with wrought balcony on the second story. The roof is hipped and has a small white coloured cupola at the centre. The courtroom is located on the southest side of the second story. The building houses the Court of Queen’Bench.

 

Note:  The building is one of a series of courthouses designed by the office of the provincial architect. Several towns and cities were designated as judicial centres where court houses would be built. The cost of construction of the courthouse was $60,674.

 

See:  The architect, Maurice William Sharon of Regina, designed courthouses in Assiniboia, Estevan, Gravelbourg, KerrobertPrince Albert, Shaunovan, Weyburn, Wynyard and Yorkton.

 

See:  Located in Melfort if=s the Provincial Court Courthouse. 

 

 

 

 

581cal13

Courthouse – Melfort

 

 

582cal13

 

 

584cal13

 

 

585cal13

 

 

586cal13

 

 

1486wc19

 

 

1488wc19

 

 

1489wc19

 

 

1490wc19

 

 

1492wc19

 

 

1493wc19

Photos taken 2013 and 2019