Kerrobert is named for Robert Kerr, who was a Canadian Pacific Railway executive, and the name of the town was Kerr-Robert in 1910 and was changed in 1924 to the present name.
Location: Kerrobert is located in the west central part of the Province.
Judicial District: Battleford Judicial District
Courthouse – Kerrobert
Location: 433 Manitoba Avenue / Bosworth Street
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: Maurice William Sharon of Regina
Contractor: Wilson and Wilson, Limited of Regina
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story red coloured brick and limestone structure. The northeast front has a central entrance framed with stone, two columns and a pediment at the top of the first story. The corner sections project slightly. The second story windows are arched and a horizontal stone belt runs between the first and second stories. The red coloured roof is hipped. A stone coast of arms is above the entrance at the roof line. The large courtroom is located on the second story. The building is located on spacious grounds. The building is now the Kerrobert City Hall.
Note: The cost of construction of the courthouse was $145,000.
Note: The building is one of a series of courthouses designed by the office of the provincial architect. Several towns and cities were designated as judicial centres where court houses would be built.
Photos taken 2013