Old Palais de Justice – Nicolet
Location: 395 Rue Mgr Courchesne / Rue Martin
Built: 1908 – 1910
Architect: L J Caron
Contractor: La Compagnie L J Caron.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red coloured brick, stone and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the town centre. The south side has a projecting centre section with small porch at the entrance on the first story. There is stone trim at the corners ans horizontal stone bands above and below the second story windows. The roof is hipped. The building no longer serves as a courthouse.
Note: The prison was designed and constructed by L J Caron in 1913 to 1914.
See: The Trois Rivieres Judicial District courthouse is located in Trois Rivieres.
Old Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016 and 2018