Old Palais de Justice – Lachute
Location: 430 Rue Grace / Rue Barron
Built: 1887 – 1888
Style: Second Empire
Architect: Andrew Bell
Contractor: Odile Biroleau.
Description: The building faces north and is a three story red coloured brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The north front of the rectangular building has a projecting center section with white coloured wood porch on the first story with three arched windows on the second story. There are dormers on the mansard roof. The corners of the building have stone trim. The building now houses the office of the Regional Municipality d’Argenteuil.
Palais de Justice – Lahcute
Location: 505 Avenue Bethany / Boulevard Critini
Description: The building faces north and is a two story concrete structure. The building is part of the mall complex. The north front has the main entrance towards the west side. The windows are horizontal. The court is located on the second story. The roof line is flat.
See: The Terrebonne Judicial District courthouse is located in Saint Jerome.
Old Palais de Justice
Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016