Saint Maurice Judicial District is named for the Saint Maurice River.
District: Saint Maurice Judicial District
Palais de Justice – Shawinigan
Location: 212 6 Avenue de la Pointe / Avenue des Ceders
Built: 1982 – 1983
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red coloured brick, concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the city center. The south front has a recessed entrance with glass panels above on the second story. The walls of the building have glass panel walls. The roof line is flat.
Old Palais de Justice – Shawinigan
Location: 795 Avenue de la Pointe / Rue de la Station
Built: 1913 – 1914
Style: Post Office / Classical
Architect: Asselin and Auger of Trois Rivieres
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff coloured brick and concrete structure. The rectangular shaped building is located on landscaped grounds in the city centre. The west front has a projecting centre section with entrance on the first story and iron grill on the second story. The roof line is flat. The building served as the post office and in 1961 the building was converted for use as the second palais de justice. During conversion the architect was Claude Bolduc and contractor was Albert Gelinas Inc.
Note: The first palais de justice was located in the Hotel de Ville in 1922.
Other Historic Palais de Justice
W – Labelle District
Palais de Justice
Old Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016 and 2018