Old Palais de Justice – Marieville
Location: 1601 Rue Edmonf Guilet / Rue Claude de Ramezay
Built: 1885 – 1886
Architect: Poitras and Roy
Contractor: Pierre Didier.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red coloured brick, stone and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south front has a slightly projecting centre section with arched entrance on the first story, double arched window on the second story and gable roof at the roof line. The east and west sides have slightly projecting centre sections with gable roof line. The foundation is course stone. An annex was constructed in 1920. The architect was Paulin and Maynard and the contractor was W E Poulin. The building was the Bureau d’enregistrement.
Photos taken 2016