Old Palais de Justice – Saint Raphael de Bellechasse
Location: 23 Rue Chanoine / Rue Saint Paul
Built: 1899 – 1900
Style: Classical / Italianate
Architect: Joseph Levesque of Saint Romuald
Contractor: Joseph Levesque of Saint Romuald.
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story white coloured asbestos shingles, stone and wood structure. The rectangular shaped building is located on landscaped grounds. The northeast front has a central entrance on the first story and balcony with entrance on the second story. At the roof line is a pediment and false balustrade with raised section above which contains a clock. The roof is hipped. An annex was designed by Henri Charest and constructed by Gaumond and Brothers of Saint Vallier in 1970 to 1971. The building served as a courthouse until 1922 and is now the City Hall ( Hotel de Ville ).
See: The Montmagny Judicial District palais de justice is located in Montmagny.
Old Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016