Labelle Judicial District is named for the French word meaning “beautiful”.
District: Labelle Judicial District
Palais de Justice – Mont Laurier
Location: 654 Rue de la Madone / Rue Bellerive
Built: 1912 – 1913
Architect: Elzear Charest of the Quebec Department of Public Works
Contractor: Joseph Gosselin
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story buff coloured brick, stone and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the city centre. The first story has a recessed central entrance with three arched windows on the second story. The north and south wings project from the main building. The first story is faced with grey coloured stone and the second story has buff coloured brick. The roof is hipped.
N – Abitibi District
W – Abitibi District
Palais de Justice
Photos taken 2016