Iberville is named for Pierre Le Moyne, Sieur d’Iberville, who was a naval officer born in Montreal.
District: lberville Judicial District
Saint Jean sur Richelieu
Courthouse – Saint Jean sur Richelieu
Location: 109 Rue Saint Charles / Rue Notre Dame
Built: 1858 – 1861
Architect: Frederick Preston Rubidge of the Department of Public Works
Contractor: Henry Beason Sinclair and Joseph Skelsey
Description: The building faces south and is a two story grey colored stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south front has a slightly projecting centre section with entrance on the first story, three windows on the second story and pediment at the roof line. The artist was Albert Rouads, Mais & Ward, and James Sheaver. An addition was built in 1983. The architect was Jean Baptist Derome. An annex was constructed in 1967 to 1968, The architect was the Quebec Department of Public Works.
Other Historic Courthouses
E – Bedford District
S – New York
Photos taken 2016