Beauharnois – Sainte Martine

Canada Courthouses / Quebec / Beauharnois / Beauharnois – Sainte Martine
0064Q16

Old Palais de Justice – Sainte Marine

 

Location:  164 Rue Saint Joseph / Rue Picard

Built:  1887

Style:  Classical

Architect:  Maurice Perrault and Albert Mesnard of Montreal

Contractor:  Jean Baptiste Tailefer.

 

Description:  The building faces southeast and is a two story red coloured brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The southeast front has a projecting centre section with entrance on the first story with green coloured canopy, arched window on the second story and semi-circular window with pediment above at the roof line. Stone trim runs above the windows and between the first and second stories. The roof is hipped. A vault was built in 1962.

 

See:  The Beauharnois Judicial District palais de justice is located in Salaberry de Valleyfield.

 

 

 

0063q16

 

 

0065q16

 

 

0066q16

 

 

0067q16

 

 

0068q16

 

 

0069q16

 

 

0070q16

 

 

0071q16

Photos taken 2016