Old Palais de Justice – Coteau Landing
Location: 173 Rue Principale / Rue Palais
Built: 1858 – 1859
Architect: Committee from Coteau Landing
Contractor: Committee from Coteau Landing
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south front has a projecting center section with pediment at the roof and with canopy at the first story entrance. The second story windows are arched. On the center of the roof is an octagonal wood cupola. The roof is hipped. The art work was completed by Joachin Lalonde. An annex was constructed in 1914. The architect was Elzear Charest of the Quebec Department of Public Works and the contractor was Elzear Castonguay.
See: The Beauharnois Judicial District palais de justice is located in Salaberry de Valleyfield.
Photos taken 2016