Beauce Judicial District is named for “Nouvelle Beauce” a seigneurie along the Chaudiere River or was the name chosen by seigneurs Joseph de Fleury de La Gorgendiere, Pierre de Rigaud de Vaudreuil and Thomas-Jacques Taschereau recalling the French Beauce region.
District: Beauce Judicial District
Saint Joseph de Beauce
Palais de Justice – Saint Joseph de Beauce
Location: 795 Avenue du Palais / Cote Taschereau
Built: 1859 – 1862
Architect: Frederick Preston Rubidge of the Department of Public Works
Contractor: Sinclair & Skelsey ( 1859 to 1860 ) and Augustin Trepanier ( 1860 to 1862 ).
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story grey coloured stone structure. Artistic work was completed by Edouard Pelletier, Louis Pelletier and Michel Cote. An annex was co-designed by Georges St. Michel of the Quebec Department of Public Works in 1924.
See: The architect Frederick Preston Rubidge of the Department of Public Works also designed courthouses in Bedford District. Charlevoix District, Gatineau District, Iberville District, Joliette District and Montmagny District.
E – Maine