Prince Edward County is named for the eldest son of Queen Victoria.
Created: July 16, 1792
Picton 1792 – present
Old Courthouse – Picton
Location: 44 Union Street / Pitt Street
Built: 1832 – 1834
Style: Greek Revival and Georgian
Architect: Thomas Rogers.
Contractor: Thomas Rogers.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff coloured stone structure. The south front has a large portico with four columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. The entrance is arched with fanlight above. On the centre of the roof is a white coloured wood cupola with white coloured dome. The stone was quarried near Kingston. The portico was added in 1840. An addition was constructed in 1861. The architect was Henry Hodge Horsey. The building houses the Superior Court of Justice.
Courthouse – Picton
Location: 67 King Street / Ross Street
Description: The building faces east and is a two story structure. The building fhas pink coloured stucco on the first story and white coloured stucco on the second story. The building houses the Ontario Court of Justice.
N – Hastings County
E – Lennox and Addington Counties and Lake Ontario
S – Lake Ontario
W – Lake Ontario and Northumberland County
Photos taken 2014