Lanark County, which is named for the town of Lanark in Scotland, Great Britain.
Perth 1792 – present
Courthouse – Perth
Location: 43 Drummond Street East / Craig Street
Built: 1842 – 1843
Style: Edwardian / Neo-Classical
Architect: Malcolm McPherson of Perth
Contractor: Alexander Cuthbertson, David Smith and William Allen
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story rough limestone structure. The centre section rises above the lower east and west wings. The second story windows have stone semicircles above each window. In 1861, John Hampden Field painted the Royal Coat of Arms. The building houses the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice. On the east side is the Registry Office constructed in 1872.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed in 1882 when the District was established. The building was destroyed by fire in 1841.
See: The courthouse is similar to the Renfrew County.Courthouse in Pembroke.
W – Frontenac County
Photos taken 2010