Lennox and Addington Counties are named for Charles Lennox, who was the 3rd Duke of Richmond and for Henry Addington, who was the 1st Viscount Sidmouth.
Napanee 1864 – present
Courthouse – Napanee
Location: 97 Thomas Street East / Adelphi Street
Built: 1864 – 1865
Style: Palladian and Italianate
Architect: John Power of Kingston and Thomas Fuller
Contractor: John Forin of Belleville
Description: The building faces south and is a two story limestone tructure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south front has a large portico with three high arches and pediment at the roof line. The main entrance is arched and the windows on the second story are arched. On the centre of the roof is a large square lantern with green coloured dome. The building houses the Superior Court of Justice. The building was restored in 1993 to 1994. The architect was CA Ventin Architects.
N – Renfrew County
S – Lake Ontario and New York
W – Hastings County
Photos taken 2014