Lambton County is named for Lambton Castle in England where the Earl of Durham lived.
Sarnia 1849 – present
Courthouse – Sarnia
Location: 700 Christina Street North / Highway 402
Built: 1958 – 1961
Architect: Giffels & Valiet
Description: The building faces west and is a four story concrete and glass style structure. The building is located on spacious grounds. On the east side is a rectangular section with vertical windows. On the south side is a one story section with curved roof sections and glass walls. The entrance is located at the centre of the east section with a one story canopy extending west. The courtrooms are located on the second story.
Note: The first courthouse was built by Alexander Mackenzie in 1852. The three story fieldstone building caught fire in 1912 and was renovated. The building was demolished in 1961.
N – Lake Huron
W – Michigan and Lake Huron
Photos taken 2018