Haldimand County is named for Frederick Haldimand, who was the Governor of the Province of Quebec.
Cayuga 1880 – present
Courthouse – Cayuga
Location: 55 Munsee Street / Victoria Street
Built: 1923 – 1924
Architect: Frank Barber & Associates
Description: The building faces east and is a two story brown colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The east front has a projecting centre section with stone framed entrance on the first story and four vertical pilasters rising to a header below the roof line. A wide eave runs below the flat roof line.. The building houses the Superior Court of Justice and the Ontario Court of Justice. On the north side is the Registry Building built in 1871 and on the west side is the stone gaol built in 1850 to 1851.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Cumberland & Ridout and built in 1850 to 1851. The building was destroyed by fire.
E – Niagara Region
S – Lake Erie and Ohio
W – Norfolk County
Photos taken 2014