Richmond County is named for Sir Charles Lennox, who was the 4th Duke of Richmond and who was Governor General of British North America.
County Created : April 17, 1879 ( 1835 )
Arichat 1879 – present
Old Courthouse – Arichat
Location: 2576 Highway 206 / Grandique Road
Built: 1846 – 1847
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: Alexander McDonald
Contractor: Alexander McDonald
Description: The building faces south and is a two story white coloured wood frame structure. The building is located on a landscaped slope in the centre of the town. The south front has a large portico with four white coloured Ionic columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. On the north side the second story is at ground level. The roof is hipped. The building is now closed.
Note: The courthouse is being sold as the court has moved to Port Hawkesbury in Inverness County
E – Atlantic Ocean
W – Inverness County
Photos taken 2018