Queens County is named for Catherine of Braganza, who was Queen of England and the wife of King Charles II of England and for Queens County, New York in the United States from which settlers arrived.
County Created : July 21, 1762
Liverpool 1762 – present
Courthouse – Liverpool
Location: 141 Church Street / Court Street
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: William C Hammond
Contractor: George W Boehner of LaHave.
Description: The building faces northwest and is a one story wood and cream coloured stucco structure. The building is located in the centre of the city. The northwest front has a porch with four white coloured Doric columns with pediment at the roof. The façade is covered with cream coloured stucco and scored to resemble cut stones. There is a small porch on the southeast side. The building is now a museum.
Note: The first courthouse was a one story frame structure built in 1798. The building was demolished in 1980.
N – Lunenburg County
S – Shelburne County
Old Courthouse – Liverpool
Picture 1798 Courthouse
Photos taken 2018