Kings County is named for King George III of Great Britain.
County Created : July 21, 1762
Wolfville 1762 -1792
Kentville 1792 – present
Old Courthouse – Kentville
Location: 37 Cornwallis Street / Webster Street
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Leslie Raymond Fairn of Halifax
Contractor: Rhodes, Curry & Company Ltd.
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red coloured brick structure. Topped with a cupola and weather vane, the building housed county offices on the ground floor and the Supreme Court chamber on the floor above. The courtroom is ornate, with stained walnut paneling and the scales of justice carved in wood above the judge’s bench – reputedly the work of a local inmate. The building is now the King’s Historical Society Museum. An addition was constructed in 1965 to 1966. The building was renovated in 1969.
Courthouse – Kentville
Location: 87 Cornwallis Street / Barclay Street
Built: 1978 – 1980
Description: The building faces southwest and is a one story red coloured brick and concrete structure.
S – Annapolis County
W – Bay of Fundy and New Brunswick
Photos taken 2018