Brigus was named after the “Brickhouse” which was the name of an old town in England.
Location: Brigus is located in in the eastern part of the province along the Avalon Peninsula.
Judicial District: St John’s Judicial District
Courthouse – Brigus
Location: South Street / Forge Road
Built: 1883 – 1884
Style: Wood Frame
Architect: John Thomas Nevill, Inspector of Public Works
Description: The building faces north and is a two story white coloured wood frame structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Brigus. The north front has two framed entrances. The are small pediments above the windows. The roof is hipped. The former courtroom is located on the east side of the second story. The building now houses the Post Office.
Photos taken 2019