Bonavista was named by John Cabot who exclaimed “O Buon Vista” being “Oh Happy Site”
Location: Bonavista is located in the eastern part of Newfoundland Island on Bonavista Bay along the Atlantic Ocean.
Judicial District: Clarenville Judicial District
Courthouse – Bonavista
Location: Roper Road / Church Street
Style: Second Empire
Architect: William Henry Churchill
Contractor: Robert Strathie, George Verge and Robert Tucker
Description: The building faces south and is a three story yellow coloured wood frame structure. The building is located on sloped landscaped grounds in the centre of Bonivista. The front has a central projection square wood tower with three windows. The roof is mansard. The building houses the Provincial Court. The building was renovated in 1953 and in 1977.
Photos taken 2019