St. Boniface is named for the Roman Catholic saint named Saint Boniface.
Location: St. Boniface is located in the southeast part of the Province along the Red River..
Judicial District: Eastern Judicial District
Old Courthouse – St. Boniface
Location: 219 Provencher Boulevard / Langevin Street
Built: 1905 – 1906
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Victor W Horwood
Contractor: William Grace Company
Description: The building faces south and is a three story buff coloured brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south front has a central projecting section with entrance on the first story. On the second story is a large window. The corners of the building project from the building. A wide cornice runs along the flat roof line. A large square clock tower sits along the south front.
Note: The building was constructed as the City Hall for St. Boniface and the courtroom and gaol cells were in the basement. Since St. Boniface became part of Winnipeg, the building now contains offices.
Courthouse – St. Boniface
Location: 614 Des Meurons / Bourgeault Street
Built: 1970 – 1971
Architect: Etienne Gaboury of Winnipeg
Contractor: Bockstael Construction Limited of Winnipeg
Description: The building faces south a two story buff coloured stone, red coloured brick and concrete structure. The entrance is on the west side of the front with a projecting section with circular tower and extended canopy. The original building is along the east side with red coloured brick. The roof line is flat. The building is named as the Centre LaVerendrye. The building was expanded on the west side in 2001 to 2002 and this section contains the courtroom.. The architect was Etienne Gaboury of Winnipeg and the contractor was Bockstael Construction Limited of Winnipeg. In 2015, the building was renovated to accommodate the court. The architect was Synyshyn Architecture Interior Design Inc. and the contractor was Marbeck Construction Ltd. of Winnipeg.
Former Courthouse – St. Boniface
Location: 227 Provencher Boulevard / Langevin Street
Built: 1963 – 1965
Style: Modern / Brutalist
Architect: Etienne Gaboury
Contractor: Crosier Kilgour and Partners Limited and T B J Kruse & Associates
Description: The building faces south and is a two story concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The building is masonry construction with pre-cast stone veneer. There are deeply inset and sheltered doors and windows. On the west side is a rectangular wing and a rectangular wing on the east side. Both wings are joined by a two story entrance section. The roof line is flat.
Note: In 2013, the building was sold and presently stands vacant.
Old St. Boniface Courthouse / City Hall
St. Boniface Courthouse
Former St. Boniface Courthouse
Photos taken 2016 and 2017