Port Alberni is named for Captain Pere d’Alberni, who was a Spanish officer who commanded Fort San Miguel at Nootka Sound on Vancouver Island from 1790 to 1792.
Location: Port Alberni is located in the southwest part of the Province on Vancouver Island.
Judicial District: Nanaimo Judicial District
Courthouse – Port Alberni
Location: 2999 4th Avenue / Angus Street
Built: 1981 – 1983
Architect: Marshall Goldsworthy and Associates Architects of Courtenay
Contractor: Farmer Construction of Victoria
Description: The building faces west and is a two story concrete structure.
Note: During construction Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd did the site Inspections.
Nanaimo Judicial District Courthouses: