Colwood is named for one of four large farms established by the Hudson’s Bay Company in the 1850s to supply the population of Fort Victoria.
Location: Colwood is located in the southwestern part of the Province on Vancouver Island.
Judicial District: Victoroa Judicial District
Provincial Court Courthouse – Colwood
Location: 1756 Island Highway / Wale Road
Built: 1988 – 1990
Architect: Holovsky Baxter Mansfield Architects of Victoria
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story white coloured concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Colwood. The southeast front has a triangular canopy supported by a column with recessed entrance. A square tower rises above the roof line on the south side of the entrance. The roof line is flat. The building is named as the Western Communities Courthouse.
Victoria Judicial District Courthouses:
Provincial Court Courthouse
Photos taken 2017