Peace River is named for Peace River Crossing known as Riviere-la-Paix and after the Peace River.
Location: Peace River is located in the northwest part of the Province.
Judicial District: Peace River Judicial District
Courthouse – Peace River
Location: 9905 97 Avenue / 100 Street
Built: 1958 – 1960
Architect: Alberta Department of Public Works
Description: The building faces south and is
The building houses the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Provincial Court.
An addition of a third story was added in 1979. The architect was John A Macdonald Architect Ltd.
See: Within the Peace River Judicial District is the Court of Queen’s Bench at High Level and Provincial Courthouses located at Fahner, Fairview, Fort Vermilion, High Prairie, Red Earth Creek, Slave Lake and Wabasca Desmarais.