Fort Vermilion is named for the vermilion coloured clays lining the river banks and Fort Vermilion was established as a trading post in 1788.
Location: Fort Vermilion is located in the northern part of the Province.
Judicial District: Peace River Judicial District
Provincial Courthouse – Fort Vermilion
Location: 4607 River Road / 47 Street
Built: 2015 – 2017
Architect: Stantec Architecture Ltd. of Edmonton
Contractor: BCT Structures Inc. of Lethbridge
Description: The building faces northwest and is a one story steel, brick and concrete structure.. The building houses the Provincial Court.
Note: The previous courthouse was built around 1987. The architect was Anthony T Hutton Architect ( 1983 ) Ltd.
See: Within the Peace River Judicial District is the Court of Queens Bench at Peace River and Provincial Courthouses located at