Edson

Canada Courthouses / Alberta / Edson
1130WC19

Edson is named for Edson Joseph Chamberlin, who was a Vice-President of the Grand Truck Pacific Railway.

.

Location:  Edson is located in the west central part of the Province.

Judicial District:  Edmonton Judicial District

 

Provincial Court Courthouse – Edson

 

Location:  111 54 Street / 2 Avenue

Built:  1905 – 1907

Style:  Modern

Architect:  Gene Dub Architect Ltd.

Contractor:  Unknown

 

Description:  The building faces southwest and is a two story red coloured brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the centre of Edson.  The “U” shaped building houses the Alberta Provincial offices with a large centre atrium The building has a one story northwest wing and a one story southwest wing. The Provincial Court occupies the southwest wing which has a wide hipped roof, red coloured brick walls and square tower above the roof line. The courtroom is located at the southwest corner. 

 

See:  Within the Edmonton Judicial District is the Court of Queens Bench at Edmonton and Provincial Courthouses located at  Athabasca   /   Barrhead   /   Boyle   /   Breton   /  Drayton Valley   /   Evansburg     /   Fort Saskatchewan   /   Grande Cache   /   Hinton   /   Jasper  /   Leduc   /  Mayerthorpe   /  Morinville   /  St. Albert   /  Sherwood Park  /  Stony Plain  /  Vegreville   /  Westlock   /   Whitecourt

 

 

 

1125wc19

Provincial Court Courthouse – Edson

 

 

1127wc19

 

 

1128wc19

 

 

1129wc19

 

 

1131wc19

 

 

1132wc19

 

 

1133wc19

 

 

1134wc19

 

 

1135wc19

 

 

1136wc19

 

 

1137wc19

 

 

1138wc19

 

 

1139wc19

 

 

1140wc19

 

 

1141wc19

 

 

1142wc19

Photos taken 2019