Blairmore is named for A G Blair, who was the federal minister of Railways.
Location: Blairmore is located in the southwest corner of the Province.
Judicial District: Lethbridge / Macleod Judicial District
Old Courthouse – Blairmore
Location: 20 Avenue / 134 Street
Built: 1922 – 1923
Style: Spanish Colonial
Architect: Richard Palin Blakey
Contractor: Watson and Abercombie of Calgary
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff coloured stucco and masonry Spanish Colonial style structure. The building faces south and was completed in 1923. The building is constructed with clay titles and has a wood frame. The east and west corner sections project from the building. The centre section has an entrance on the first story framed with red coloured brick with four windows above on the second story. The roof is hipped.
Note: This was the first courthouse in Alberta to include both police and court facilities. With problems ranging from train robberies to labour confrontations, and especially bootlegging and smuggling after the introduction of Prohibition in 1917, there was an acute need for policing in the Crownest Pass.
Photos taken 2015